There are many people with unfiled tax returns in Chicago and Illinois. You are not alone. Millions of people for whatever reason fail to file. There may be many reasons for failing to file your tax return, but one thing is for sure, you need to take this very seriously.  Although the IRS may not have not have contacted you yet, when they do, you may face very serious consequences if you continue to ignore the situation.

Do Not Ignore Unfiled Tax Returns

You may be tempted to ignore your unfiled tax returns, hoping to fly under the radar but failing to address this properly, and in a timely fashion, can result in consequences that may include:

As a Former IRS Attorney, Michael C. Whelan JD CPA is uniquely qualified to handle unfiled tax return cases for individuals and businesses all over the Chicagoland area. If you have one or more unfiled tax returns contact us today for a consultation to discuss potential solutions.